Friday, March 1, 2013

The Inside Story of "The Inside Man"

After pondering over for a long time, I have finally decided to pen down my thoughts and become a blogger. There a quite a few reasons for this EARTH SHATTERING or LIFE ALTERING decision (you can choose whichever you want to, after reading this), the main reason being my venturing into Entrepreneurship. 

As a Founder of a Startup company, I found myself having a lot of time at hand till the time, operations are kickstarted. So while I was thinking about umpteen ways to promote my company, it suddenly struck me that I should become a blogger and write. The company automatically gets promoted if the Founder promotes himself well, isn't it so? By the way, the name of my company is Monkey Minds Technologies Private Limited.  You might be wondering as to what prompted me to select this name which is crazier than monkeys itself. The reason is very simple - "My wife suggested this name".

Didn't I tell you I am gonna promote my company shamelessly
www.monkeyminds.in

The next reason being the "Me too Syndrome". I find that every Tom, Dick & Harry of the Indian startups are having their own blog. Whether they have anything to write or not, they still keep their blogs active by adding pictures and sharing links. I suggest people use Facebook and Google Plus for these purposes, after all they were developed for the exact purpose of sharing and networking. Looks like I am deviating from the topic and its going haywire like the screenplay of the movie "Kadal". Coming back to what we were discussing, I decided to become a blogger to join the band of entrepreneurs who are informatively intelligent.

What better way to improve one's language than writing a blog. It is not going to cost me a penny to try. Frankly speaking, the last time I wrote more than 5 lines was during my university exams. Being a startup, our company budget is bootstrapped. The online shopping portal "Plick.in" which we are going to launch soon requires a lot of content writing. These content writers charge you per hour more than what a doctor charges for a day. You will be shelling out 10k for a sheet of paper. Hence I thought if I can improve my language and writing skills, I can try my hand at content writing for my shopping portal and save a few bucks in the process.

Plick.in - A marketplace for all things Desi
www.plick.in
The mother of all reasons behind this Blog is the hope of a Book Deal (I know its sound highly unrealistic). But when you look at the arrival of the plethora of Indian writers today, I think even I stand a chance of grabbing a book deal. Jokes apart, I hope I could continue writing and improve my skills as a writer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vikram, Good luck with all your new ventures- from writing a blog to leading your very own company :)I personally enjoy writing (and reading)as well and apart from improving your grip on the language , I find writing to give more clarity to my thoughts. Ofcourse, my favourite part is to read the entries after months/years :)So, here's to a wonderful journey of writing !!
    ~Aarthi

    ReplyDelete