Friday, March 8, 2013

Women in my life


Today, being the International Women’s Day, I decided to pen down a few things about two women who have played a very important role in my life.  They have been highly influential in what I am now and what I go on to be in the future. I am writing a tribute to the two lovely ladies in my life: MOTHER & WIFE.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about my mother is the image of her standing outside my LKG classroom from morning till evening for more than a week because I used to cry in class as I had difficulties in acclimatizing to the alien environment. In fact I used to cry in school till I graduated to the Lower Primary level. I spent the first four years of my life in a village in Northern Kerala where I didn’t have any friends or relatives. My mother was the first and only friend I ever had there. She also used to keep me engaged and I never felt bored at all. Those were the days of Doordarshan alone too and being the only child, it can get difficult to handle me. But my mother was exceptional in managing my activities and me.

As I grew older, we moved to the metros (as my father used to get transfers every 2 or 3 years) where I had many friends to play with. But I have always been a Mama’s Baby and I always wanted her presence to be felt around me. Imagine this, the first time I went on an excursion was when I was in my 9th Standard. That was the first time when I had been without my mother for a day.

I lost my father when I was 13. That was a hard blow for me because boys need their father when they are in the adolescence. But my mother never let that affect me and helped me get over the void created by father’s demise. She is my teacher, mentor and everything in my life. She has always given into my wishes and gotten me everything under the sun.

My mother & wife


Now, moving on to my wife. What can I say about her? I met her 11 years ago in my college. She was the first person I saw on the first day of our college. I have been in love with her ever since then. The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about her is the image of a coy girl from a small town arriving at the college gates wondering how she is going to manage. But then she has transformed into a career woman of respect and has a broader outlook towards life than me.

She is the best thing to have happened in my life in the last 10 years. Though we have had our shares of ups and downs in our relationship, her love for me has no bounds. She has always been there for me and stood by me during my tough times. I have been very lucky to have her as my better half. Truly… she has been the BETTER HALF.

My mother and wife has been a pillar of strength and have supported me in all my endeavors. They have been with me through my tough times, as life is not easy for a Mother and Wife of a young Entrepreneur. My life would have been empty without these women.  I take this opportunity to salute them for what they are in my life and also to tell them I love them a lot…

No comments:

Post a Comment